- Booking Information
- 2017 Festivals and Events
- Guest Comments
- Visitor Attractions In York
- 3 Days to see York
- Exploring Yorkshire
- Cycling in York Cycle Hire Tour de Yorks 2017
- Full address
- Our Top 10 Lesser Known York Gems
- Environmental Policy
- The York Pass
- Travel Directions to YO1 7JG
- Access Statement
- Site Policy
In this section, you will find useful information to assist you in planning your self-catering cottage holiday in York city centre.
Our 5-Star luxury self-catering holiday apartments boast a superb location with private parking within York city walls, close to York Minster.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Field House Farm Holiday Cottages
Take a look at our luxury self-catering holiday cottages at Field House Farm, near Bridlington on the East Yorkshire coast. We offer a choice of six cottages, sleeping from two to six.
High Barn Holiday Cottages
A Finalist in Visit England Self Catering Provider 2015, these stunning holiday cottages are tranquil, private, surrounded by natural beauty and close to the Heritage Coast. Watch nesting barn owls on our web-cam!
The York Hop Store and Malt House Holiday Apartment Information
Travel Directions to YO1 7JG
From The East
- Arriving along the A64 from the Scarborough / Malton direction, follow the signs for York and the A1036.
- At the Heworth roundabout, follow the signs for the city centre.
- Continue straight on until you are facing the city walls at Monk Bar. Take the left-hand lane and go straight ahead through the arch in the walls.
- After 100 metres, turn right down Ogleforth and the Old Brewery will appear on the left after 100 metres.
- Enter the code we will have given you into the wall-mounted box on the pillar of the farther of the two wrought-iron gates. Our parking space is marked 10.
- Arriving from Hull / Bridlington, cross the ring road towards York and the /A1079.
- Follow this in a straight line until you are facing the city walls at Walmgate Bar.
- Take the right-hand lane and bear right keeping the city walls on your left. After the walls end, follow the canal-like River Fosse.
- The one-way system takes you slightly left over the canal and, once over, you will find the the city walls again on your left.
- Take the left-hand lane, passing the Monk Bar Hotel on your right. At the adjacent lights, take the left turn through Monk Bar. After 100 metres, turn right into Ogleforth and drive a further 100 metres to the Old Brewery on the left. Take the second of the two large wrought iron gates. Our parking space is marked 10.
From The South
- From the Selby direction, follow the A19 through the village of Fulford and towards York city centre.
- At Fishergate, bear right, following the signs for Hull, the A1036 and Scarborough.
- Once on Paragon Street, with the city walls on your left, keep in the left lane at the lights at Walmgate Bar.
- Drive straight ahead keeping the walls on your left. Do not turn right for Hull.
- See the 'From The East directions above to complete your journey.
From The West
- Approaching from the A1 / Leeds direction along the A64, you have two choices.
- You can either continue on the A64 ring road until the Hull / Bridlington exit, then go up the sliproad and take the left lane into York on the A1079, following the 'From The East' directions above to complete your jounrey.
- Alternatively, from the A64, enter York along the A1036 Tadcaster Road, following this in a straight line that will eventually take you to Micklegate Bar.
- The A59 from the Harrogate direction takes you on to the same Tadcaster Road a few hundred metres short of Micklegate Bar. At the Bar, sit in the left lane and turn left, following the signs for the railway station.
- Pass the station on your left and proceed straight on until the road bears right under a large arch in the city walls.
- Immediately you pass under the walls, turn left over Lendal Bridge. Follow this road through a set of lights as it takes you left, past the Assembly Rooms on your right and then the Art Gallery on your left, as you approach the lights at Bootham Bar.
- Go straight on at the lights and go down to the bottom of Gillygate / A1036, turning right into Lord Mayor's Walk.
- At the next set of lights at the bottom of Lord Mayor's Walk, turn right and pass through the arch of Monk Bar.
- Turn into Ogleforth, which will appear on the right after 100 metres. The Old Brewery is on the left after another 100 metres. Enter the code into the wall-mounted box on the pillar of the farther of the two wrought-iron gates. Our parking space is marked 10.
From The North
- The A19 from the Thirsk and Easingwold direction will take you into the city centre. Continue until you are facing Bootham Bar.
- Take the left lane and turn left into Gillygate / A1036.
- At the end of Gillygate, turn right into Lord Mayor's Walk and drive on down to the lights at the bottom.
- Turn right here and proceed under the arch of Monkgate Bar.
- After 100 metres, turn right into Ogleforth, and then after another 100 metres the Old Brewery will appear on your left. Enter the code on the wall-mounted box on the pillar of the farther of the two wrought-iron gates. Our parking space is marked 10.
- Those arriving by train, who may be travelling light and prefer not to take a taxi, can walk to the apartment from the station in about 15 minutes.
- Turn left on leaving the station and follow the road as it winds under the city walls.
- Turn left over Lendal Bridge and proceed in a straight line, passing the Museum Gardens and Library on your left.
- Keep straight on into Duncombe Place, passing over St Leonard's Place .
- The Minster will now come into full view and, if the Dean Gardens are open, pass in front of the West Door and across these gardens, popping out on to Minster Yard.
- Bear right for a short distance in front of The Treasurer's House, then turn left down Chapter House Street, which leads on to Ogleforth. The Old Brewery building will appear half way down on your right.
- If you are very late and the gardens are shut, simply navigate round to the right of the Minster, passing the South Door along Deangate. Pass College Street on your left and Ogleforth is next left.
- Once at the Old Brewery, use the latch gate to enter the yard. Go to the far left corner of the courtyard and enter the code for the building. Once inside, either take the lift to the second floor or climb two flights of stairs. The York Hop Store is Number 10, just outside the lift.
The full postal addresses are The Hop Store, Apartment 10 or The Malthouse, Apartment 3, The Old Brewery, Ogleforth, York, YO1 7JG.