The York Hop Store- luxury self-catering holiday apartment
- stunning location in York city centre
- sleeps 4
- free Wi-Fi
- on-site secure parking space
- level entry, lift access and level throughout
- Visit England 5 Stars Self Catering
- Visit England Gold Award for Excellence in Self Catering
If you are looking for luxury self-catering holiday cottage accommodation in York, The York Hop Store fits the bill exactly. With a 5 Stars Gold grading by Visit England for excellence in self-catering accommodation, this stunning holiday apartment offers total comfort for the discerning guest right in the very heart of York, within the city walls and just a short step from York Minster.
Sleeping two to four persons, The York Hop Store comrpises a spacious open-plan living area with a top quality kitchen, two bedrooms, two bathrooms and precious, secure, private parking for one car.
The York Hop Store has been furnished and finished with exacting care, as befits a Grade 2 Listed building. The living area is flooded with light from large warehouse windows and a balcony. Luxury, comfort and attention to detail ensure that your stay will live up to your highest expectations. Top quality furnishings have been used throughout the apartment, providing an extremely comfortable and relaxing atmosphere.
From the comfort of your sofa, you can enjoy York Minster views, but the real talking point of The York Hop Store is its brewery crane. Remarkably, it still occupies its original position, and is now listed as a reminder of York’s industrial heritage. On arrival, we provide a complimentary welcome hamper of local Yorkshire produce.
York City Centre Self-Catering Accommodation
- Served by both lift and stairs, The York Hop Store is a one-level, second-floor apartment within a converted former brewery.
- The generous open-plan living area is light and airy, thanks to the large warehouse windows and Juliet balcony that look out over the York Minster precinct. These plus high, beamed ceilings create a real sense of space that is enhanced by the soft neutral tones and bold splashes of colour chosen for the furnishings. Deep sofas offer ample seating for four, and these are complemented by modern light oak furniture and rich brown leather chairs in the dining area. Home entertainment is catered for with a flat-screen Freeview television, a DVD player, an iPod docking station and free Wi-Fi broadband. We also provide a free telephone for calls within the UK.
- Nothing has been overlooked in the superb solid-oak kitchen area. Classic cookware, cutlery, crockery and glassware will add style to a simple brunch, a romantic dinner, or even a quick and easy take-away.
- The master bedroom is generously proportioned, with a king-size bed and matching bespoke built-in wardrobe, dressing table and bedside cabinets. Contemporary, easy to close internal shutters let in as much or as little light as you wish. Original artwork from Yorkshire-based artists graces the bedroom walls, plus we have provided a flat-screen television and an iPod dock / DAB radio alarm.The large en-suite shower-room is beautifully tiled, naturally lit, and has a powerful shower and quality fittings.
- The twin bedroom, with Minster views, provides similar comprehensive facilities. Attractive artwork and wall hangings complement a built-in wardrobe, dressing table and bedside cabinets. This bedroom also has internal easy-to-use shutters, a flat-screen television and an iPod dock/ DAB radio alarm system. A second bathroom serves the twin bedroom and has a bath with powerful shower over and the same tasteful tiling and fittings.
- Both bedrooms have natural-fibre Cologne and Cotton luxury bed linen, soft Egyptian cotton towels and cosy duvets, so a good night's sleep is assured. Warm Yorkshire-made wool throws add a touch of luxury. For the comfort of guests with allergies, no feather pillows or duvets are used, but may be provided on request.
- There is under-floor heating throughout the apartment.
- We have provided a free telephone service and free Wi-Fi for use with your own laptop.
- A charming courtyard with outdoor furniture, shared with other residents and guests, provides an ideal spot for relaxing.
- Precious, private parking for one car of normal width is provided within a secure gated courtyard area adjacent to the brewery.
- Secure cycle storage in basement.
You can view our prices and availability on-line. You can then either book on-line or by telephone. Payment can be made by credit or debit card on-line or over the telephone or by posted cheque. We can answer any questions you may have by email or telephone.
The York Hop Store
TheYork Hop Store is a 5-Star Gold luxury two-bedroom self-catering holiday apartment occupying the second floor of the Grade 2 listed Ogleforth Brewery, an award-winning conversion in the very heart of historic York. Offering views of nearby York Minster and with only the shortest of strolls to this gothic masterpiece and its lovely precinct, you couldn’t wish for a finer location for a short break in York city centre.
- One-level, second-floor, self-catering apartment within award-winning brewery conversion.
- Superb city-centre location within York city walls, close to York Minster, and within easy walking distance of shops, restaurants, cafes and visitor attractions.
- Graded 5-Stars Self-Catering by Enjoy England.
- Enjoy England Gold Award for Excellence in Self-Catering.
- Sleeps four.
- Spacious open-plan living area with top quality kitchen, large warehouse windows, balcony and original hoist feature.
- Two bedrooms and two bathrooms.
- Charming shared courtyard with outdoor furniture.
- Complimentary welcome hamper on arrival.
- Free Wi-Fi for use with your own laptop.
- Level entry, access by lift or stairs.
- Private parking for one car in and on-site, secure, gated courtyard - a rarity in this quarter of York.
- Cycle storage in basement.
- Children over 12 years only.
Book On-line or by TelephoneOur prices and availability are always accurate as they are updated automatically as bookings are made. If the holiday dates you want are shown as available, you can book and pay on-line instantly. You can also book by telephone.